Netflix added 24 new movies and shows this week
It’s time to take stock of what’s new on Netflix over the past week and take a look at what’s new over the weekend. Here’s everything new on Netflix for the week ending March 13, 2022.
Before we dig into the full list of 10 new movies and 14 new TV shows added to Netflix this week, we’re going to cover the two new movies added over the weekend and highlight one title that probably flew under your radar. .
Want to see what happens next on Netflix? We have what you need. We’ve previewed all the upcoming movies and shows between March 14 and March 20, including highlights like Bargain, Boy Topand Human ressources.
Best new on Netflix this weekend
Kind: Action, Drama, History
Director: Christopher Nolan
To throw: Fionn Whitehead, Barry Keoghan, Mark Rylance
Writer: Christopher Nolan
Duration: 106 minutes
Awards: Won 3 Oscars. 65 wins and 235 nominations in total
The WB film released five years ago in theaters debuts on Netflix for the first time.
Christopher Nolan’s film seeks to document through three timelines the truly remarkable story of the Dunkirk evacuation.
The film ranks very high in various lists ranking Nolan’s works with a single list put it at number 3 just behind Memento and Prestige.
London has fallen (2016)
Kind: action thriller
Director: Babak Najafi
To throw: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman
Writer: Creighton Rothenberger, Katrin Benedikt, Christian Gudegast
Duration: 99 minutes
Returning to Netflix this weekend is the sequel to the 2016 action flick Olympus has fallen. Although the sequel never quite reaches the heights of the first, it’s still a great watch.
Here’s what you can expect if you haven’t seen it yet:
“Hungry for revenge, terrorists attack a group of world leaders in London. Now it’s up to Agent Mike Banning to save the US President – again.
The film first arrived on Netflix in September 2016 and remained on the platform for 18 months from September 2018.
Underrated Netflix Addition of the Week
The bombardment (2021)
Kind: Drama, History, War
Director: Olé Bornedal
To throw: Alex Hogh Andersen, Danica Curcic, Susse Wold
Writer: Olé Bornedal
Duration: 107 minutes
Some of the international WWII films that have landed on Netflix have been fantastic and the trend continuing this week is The bombardment (also known as The shadow in my eyes).
The film holds a 7.4 on IMDb and is about several Danish residents living during World War II in Copenhagen and coping with the fallout after a school full of children was bombed.
Full list of new movies and shows added to Netflix this week
This list only applies to Netflix in the United States. We also have weekly summaries of what’s new on Netflix in the UK, Canada and Australia.
10 new movies added this week
- Autumn Girl (2021) Netflix Original
- Badhaai Do (2022)
- Beirut (2018)
- Dunkirk (2017)
- London Has Fallen (2016)
- Refugee (2014)
- Taylor Tomlinson: Look At You (2022) Netflix Original
- The Adam Project (2022) Netflix Original
- The Diaries of Andy Warhol (2022) Netflix Original
- The Bombardment (2021) Netflix Original
14 new TV series added this week
- An Astrological Guide to the Broken Hearted (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Byron Baes (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Chip and Potato (Season 3) Netflix Original
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (Season 7)
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Season 4) Netflix Original
- Good Girls (Season 4)
- Karma’s World (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Kotaro Lives Alone (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Last Standing (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Life After Death with Tyler Henry (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Love, Life, and Everything In Between (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Once Upon a Time… Happily Never After (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Queer Eye Germany (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Last Kingdom (Season 5 – Final Season) Netflix Original
Most popular movies and shows on Netflix this week
Best movies on Netflix this week
- Shrek 2 (68)
- Shrek (65)
- The weekend away (59 points)
- A Madea Homecoming by Tyler Perry (57)
- Shooter (49)
- Coach Carter (31 points)
- The Adam Project (20)
- Like in paradise (16)
- 21 (15 points)
- 21 bridges (14)
- The green line (13 points)
- Despicable Me 2 (9)
- Against the ice (9 points)
- The shadow in my eyes (8)
- Dunkirk (3 points)
- Battleship (3)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1 point)
Top shows on Netflix this week
- Pieces of her (118)
- Invent Anna (60)
- Worst roommate ever (52 points)
- Love is blind (50)
- The Last Kingdom (39)
- Vikings: Valhalla (34)
- CoComelon (17)
- jeen-yuhs: a Kanye trilogy (16 points)
- Lies and deceit (15)
- Life after death with Tyler Henry (10)
- Sweet Magnolias (7)
- Formula 1: Drive to Survive (7 points)
- Good Girls (6 points)
- Ozark (6 points)
- Andy Warhol’s diaries (3)